Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Who will we draft in 2012? Think you're a presti prognosticator? Post your guess here for a chance to win the jersey of the draftee, or another Thunder player of your choice.

All guess must be in by one week before the 2012 NBA draft. So, study up and make your pick.

Evan Fournier
    Last edited by AznEastside; 05-14-2012 at 12:45 PM.

My guess-Tomas Satoransky

Point/Shooting Guard, Czech Republic

Satoransky, 19, has the tools to be an NBA player. He stands out as the top international guard prospect for the 2012 NBA draft. He has been wowing scouts since his early teens and they continue to drool over his body, athleticism, skills, and potential, and in recent years he has developed into a point guard.

Standing at 6’7”, he will have the size and length to match up with NBA guards and even to switch to guard NBA small forwards in certain defensive situations. He plays with an aggressive, active style and gets his hands on everything, which contrasts with the soft, skilled passivity of other European guard prospects and increases his chances of making a successful transition to professional basketball. Most importantly, he is an excellent ball handler with the floor vision of a point and an excellent basketball IQ, which suggests that he may have the ability to become one of the NBA’s best distributive point forwards.

Satoransky is not a complete prospect, however: he needs to improve his jump shot and range, and gain experience at a higher level. The jump shot remains his most glaring weakness, however, and it is one that he will need to fix before coming to the trigger-happy NBA. But, Satoransky is a resourceful player who has demonstrated a willingness to learn, so the bet is that he will find it within himself to learn how to sink a jump shot out to twenty feet.

NBA scouts came away from the 2011 adidas Treviso Camp saying that Satoransky has first round potential.

First off getting this right is just dumb luck but why not. I am going to go with Jae Crawford from Marquette. I think he would be a great backup for KD.

6'6", 235 pounds

2011-12 Per-Game Stats: 17.4 points, 8.1 rebounds, 2.1 assists

The Big East Player of the Year can simply do it all and offense is no exception.
    Jae Crowder's most impressive stat though has to be his 7.9 percent turnover percentage, which is just crazy low.

Knowing Presti as we do, and knowing how low our first round draft pick will be, I agree that it's likely dumb luck to get it right. However, if no one gets it right, I will draw a name from among everyone who has posted a guess in this thread to select the winner.

Fab Melo.

I have less idea than anyone. I'd say that, knowing Presti and given the Thunder's draft position, the actual pick is unlikely to be mentioned here. So scratch my guess off of the possibilities list but put me in the drawing....

Jeffery Taylor, Vanderbilt, 6-7, Sr.

Andrew Nicholson
    6'9 225 from St. Bonaventure

John Jenkins 6-4 SG Junior from Vanderbilt. Although I doubt he drops far enough for the Thunder to get him since he's considered the best shooter in the draft...

Tyshawn Taylor....

Could really go in alot of different directions.

Need a backup SF, and a scoring big, maybe a better SG too if we can't keep James.

The 1st rnd pick is getting traded for 2nd rnd picks

furkan aldemir! I'm just putting random name in there. Hopefully wins a shirt.

I'm gonna go with Jeffrey Taylor from Vandy.
    Last edited by ccarey99; 06-27-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Evan Fournier.

The chances of a player this late in the draft becoming a rotational player for the next season are slim to none. A player like Ibaka is the exception. Reggie Jackson was forced into the role because of injury and had no business being a regular rotational player this early in his career. With that said, I think we take this Euro-stash and hope that he pays dividends 2 or 3 years down the road. #SanAntonioModel